Friday, January 19, 2007

Creative Writing I

I could feel the freshness of the grass under my feet. It reflected upon the sunrise taking place in the distant. The scene was eloquent. The light warmth of the sun fell on my face as I ran towards my house. The light on the horizon fought for its presence to be felt as sunlight started to expand over the dark fields. The sky was pink and even though I was wrapped under the clothes, I could feel a shiver down my spine as cold wind overwhelmed me. It felt as if the night was surrendering its innocence to the day and the feeling that the dreadful day will take over disappointed me.

Since I was born, I had lived under the shadow of the mighty mountain. The most dominating feature of the place. Its superiority was underlined by the fact that it was situated in the middle of low plains. The ice-capped peaks formed a beautiful scene and attracted so many visitors. It was ironic that even though so many people had conquered the mountain, still they could not conquer the feeling they felt when they first lay their eyes upon it. My mother told me that many fairies lived on the top of the mountain. Just yesterday she told me about a fairy which brings down gifts for little children. I told myself that I would never climb the mountain. I knew that the day I did, I would lose the innocence and the mind of a child. As I reached my home, I saw realized the reason I would never want to lose my innocence. I saw my mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!