Monday, July 17, 2006

Stranger

Shy,
Scared,
Nervous,
Self effacing and quiet,

Alone,
Under confident,
Confiding,
Whispering secrets in your heart,

Stranger,
Where did you come from ?
Standing so far,
Come near,

Say something,
Tell me your name,
In this world,
We two are alone,

It stepped forward,
Tried to say something,
Words did not intervene,
Silence over the room again,

Can I touch you?
Are you real or an illusion?
No one comes near me,
Can I at least feel this dream,

Playing with the dirt near his feet,
Lips bitten,
You look like a foreigner,
Are you lost?

It immediately looked up,
As if answering me,
It was silent,
But his eyes said yes,

"Can you tell me the way out?"
"Can you help me?"
I smirked back at him,
Giving myself in,

I am lost like you,
I have always been here,
On the crossroads of life,
Waiting for a savior,

It took a step towards me,
Finally someone had intended to know me,
I walked towards it,
It asked me,

Who are you?
Where are you from?
I replied,
LOST!!!!

That's all I could say,
I was realizing reality,
It seemed confused,
Answerless,

I walked near it,
It stepped away,
It was deserting me,
I realised,

IT WAS MY REFLECTION.

1 Comments:

Blogger Natasha said...

beautiful :)

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!